The Senior Software Engineer – Platform will be building products, tools and services from scratch, as well as evolving existing systems. Collaborating with our embedded hardware and software engineering team. This position will be contributing to all phases of software development, working directly with internal and external customers to deliver market leading 5G solutions that drive value to the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Build products, tools and services from scratch.
- Evolve existing cloud native systems.
- Collaborate closely with embedded hardware and software engineering teams.
- Contribute to all phases of software development.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to deliver market leading 5G solutions.
- Work with Product Managers to refine system level requirements.
- Build and maintain secure, reliable software API first solutions.
- Implement AWS and Google Cloud platform solutions.
- Use Jira to manage task lifecycle.
- Report status updates to Project Manager.
- Education level: BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related STEM discipline required; MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or a related STEM degree preferred.
- Requires demonstration of experience designing, building and maintaining secure, reliable software for embedded devices.
- Show proficiency in Linux kernel device development.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to an exceeding 8.0 hours per day.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Use of a telephone.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing.
Who we are and our technology
NimbeLink is an engineering, results driven company. Our teams thrive on solving complex problems for our customers. NimbeLink became a valued part of Airgain, Inc. in January 2021 and we are excited to be expanding our development team.
NimbeLink develops cellular carrier certified Skywire modems that customers embed into their products as the critical link to enable Internet connectivity for their solutions. Our products range from low power, low bandwidth LTE-M modems through high speed/bandwidth CAT4 modems and into evolving 5G technologies. We also develop leading edge products for a few select customers.
Our technology: C++, C, gcc, Linux, FreeTROS, mbed, OpenWRT, Yocto, ARM and MIPS hardware targets, Python.
Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth device communications – AM355x, AR9331, PX30, LS1012A, STM32L4 and/or similar platforms.
What we offer
- 100% employee benefits premium covered.
- Options for profit sharing
- 4% 401K match
- Ability to participate in annual bonus and stock annual programs
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for this position.