The Senior Software Engineer – Embedded will be building both application software and board support packages for embedded products ranging from 32-bit microcontrollers to multicore ARM processors running Linux. This position will be collaborating closely with the embedded hardware and software engineering teams. You will be contributing to all phases of software development, working directly with internal and external customers to deliver market leading 5G solutions that drive value into the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Build board support packages for 32-bit microcontrollers and multi-core ARM processors.
- Create application software for embedded products.
- Collaborate closely with embedded hardware and software engineering teams.
- Contribute to all phases of software development.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to deliver market leading 5G solutions.
- Work with Product managers to refine system level requirements.
- Build and maintain secure, reliable software for embedded systems.
- Modify and build Linux kernels and integrate device drivers.
- Use Jira to manage task lifecycle.
- Report status updated to Project Manager.
- Education level: BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related STEM discipline required, MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or a related STEM degree preferred.
- Requires demonstration of experience designing, building and maintaining secure, reliable software for embedded devices.
- Show proficiency in Linux kernel device development.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to an exceeding 8.0 hours per day.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Use of a telephone.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing.
Who we are and our technology.
NimbeLink is an engineering, results driven company. Our teams thrive on solving complex problems for our customers. NimbeLink became a valued part of Airgain, Inc. in January 2021 and we are excited to be expanding our development team.
NimbeLink develops cellular carrier certified Skywire modems that customers embed into their products as the critical link to enable Internet connectivity for their solutions. Our products range from low power, low bandwidth LTE-M modems through high speed/bandwidth CAT4 modems and into evolving 5G technologies. We also develop leading edge products for a few select customers.
Our technology: C++, C, gcc, Linux, FreeTROS, mbed, OpenWRT, Yocto, ARM and MIPS hardware targets, Python.
Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth device communications – AM355x, AR9331, PX30, LS1012A, STM32L4 and/or similar platforms.
What we offer
- 100% employee benefits premium covered.
- Options for profit sharing.
- 4% 401K match.
- Ability to participate in annual bonus and stock annual programs.
This role is open to AZ, CA, FL & MN
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com if you wish to be considered for this position.