The Senior Hardware Engineer will be building hardware for embedded products ranging from 32-bit microcontrollers to multicore ARM processors running Linux. This position will be collaborating closely with the embedded hardware and software engineering teams. You will be contributing to all phases of hardware development, working directly with internal and external customers to deliver market leading 5G solutions that drive value into the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Architect communication solutions using 32-bit microcontrollers and multi-core ARM processors.
- Product design, component selection, schematic entry, layout, and design validation.
- Collaborate closely with embedded hardware and software engineering teams.
- Contribute to all phases of hardware development.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to deliver market leading 5G solutions.
- Work with Product managers to refine system level requirements.
- Use Jira to manage task lifecycle.
- Report status updated to Project Manager.
- Education level: BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or a related STEM discipline required; MS in Electrical Engineering or a related STEM degree preferred.
- 5+ Years of experience designing electronic systems
- Requires demonstration of experience designing, building and maintaining secure, reliable embedded devices.
- Experience using test equipment: VNA, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Wireless and RF experience a plus
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to an exceeding 8.0 hours per day.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Use of a telephone.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing.
Who we are and our technology
NimbeLink is an engineering, results driven company. Our teams thrive on solving complex problems for our customers. NimbeLink became a valued part of Airgain, Inc. in January 2021 and we are excited to be expanding our development team.
NimbeLink develops cellular carrier certified Skywire modems that customers embed into their products as the critical link to enable Internet connectivity for their solutions. Our products range from low power, low bandwidth LTE-M modems through high speed/bandwidth CAT4 modems and into evolving 5G technologies. We also develop leading edge products for a few select customers.
Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth device communications – AM355x, AR9331, PX30, LS1012A, STM32L4 and/or similar platforms using Altium, Arena, Bitbucket, and Jira tools. DDR2, DDR3, and LPDDR memory interfaces. USB3.0, PCIe, and 5 Gigabit Ethernet communication interfaces.
What we offer
- 100% employee benefits premium covered
- Options for profit sharing
- 4% 401K match
- Ability to participate in annual bonus and stock annual programs
This role is open to AZ, CA, FL & MN
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for this position.