This position is responsible for designing antenna systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Design new and improved antenna systems for 4G and 5G IoT applications including fixed and mobile application.
- Incorporate 5G mm-Wave antenna systems into new Airgain products.
- Address integration issues before they arise, in collaboration with Field Application Engineers, Customers, and Engineering.
- Work within a channel between customer designs and Airgain solutions.
- Reduce time-to-market by developing solutions that enable Airgain to stay ahead of its competitors.
- Represent Airgain interests by collaborating with the area business team.
- *Other duties as required
- Education level: PhD degree in Antenna Engineering (highly preferred), Engineering, or Physics. MS degree in Engineering or Physics may be combined with relevant experience.
- Experience level: 4-6 years of relevant experience in designing and integrating small, low gain antennas including 4G/ 5G cellular, WiFi, GPS, UHF/ VHF into commercial and industrial products.
- Experience with EM simulation tools such as CST or HFSS.
- Familiarity with antenna matching using lumped components.
- Experience with resolving complex integration issues in embedded systems.
- Hands-on approach in performing passive and active measurements of antenna systems.
- Aptitude for building prototypes of PCBs, antennas and other components using tools such as milling machines, 3D printers and soldering irons
- Data post-processing using Python or Matlab and creating test reports will also be part of the daily tasks
- Experience working with wireless modules, metamaterials, and mm wave design a plus.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed. Must have the ability to obtain and hold a valid passport.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time.
- Ability to be self-motivated and reliable.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to 8.0 hours per day and potentially exceeding 8.0 hours per day where required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit while traveling domestically and international via automobile, bus, train, airplane, or boat.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing.
- Lift 20 pounds with or without assistance.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for this position.