The Director of Information Technology is responsible for the management and execution of IT systems and infrastructure for the company’s offices, and for ensuring that IT infrastructure and systems in field offices meet HQ requirements as set and managed by the Director. In addition, the Director is responsible for devising and establishing IT policies, procedures, and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop the organization’s IT vision and make recommendations to the Company’s management for implementing new technology and solutions.
- Partner with senior management to strategize a long-term plan to build out the global IT infrastructure and IT department.
- Direct affairs of the external IT vendors and service providers to develop and implement processes for the organization’s IT support services and systems.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Analyze the business requirements of all Company departments to determine their technology needs.
- Identify the need for company-wide software and hardware upgrades, configurations, systems and direct the sourcing and implementation of such new systems.
- Manage NetSuite, the Company’s ERP system, and oversee development, improvements, and maintenance in the tool.
- Identify security vulnerabilities and make recommendations to eliminate risks with strategic solutions.
- Manage the department’s budget and make recommendations to improve efficiency and implement cost-saving initiatives.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with all levels of customer, partner, and channel teams, including Executive, Engineering, and Procurement
- Enjoys a high pace of activity. Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
- Ability to travel
- Fluent spoken and written English / Microsoft and G Suite tools required.?
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to eight (8) hours per day and potentially exceeding eight (8) hours per day when required
- Must be able to stand and/or sit while traveling extensively, via automobile, bus, train, airplane, or boat
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard
- Extended viewing of a computer screen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing
- Trust/Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener, and put others at ease. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggestions for improvement for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience, and judgment for effective decision-making in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement, and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives
What we offer
- 100% employee healthcare premium covered
- Options for profit sharing
- 4% 401K match by the Company
- Ability to participate in annual bonus and equity compensation programs
Location: San Diego
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com if you wish to be considered for this position.