This position is responsible for overseeing all phases of mechanical design of Airgain products, integration into client’s devices, and creation of mock-ups.
A vacancy has arisen for a (Part-Time) Antenna Mechanical Engineer with Airgain based at our prestigious European Design Centre in Cambridge, United Kingdom. The European Design Centre offers early stage system design, custom engineering support, and superior over-the-air (OTA) testing capabilities for service providers and original equipment manufacturers.
We are looking for a detail-orientated, reliable and organized individual. You will need to demonstrate very good interpersonal skills as the successful candidate will be required to effectively interact with both domestic and international team-mates on a cross-functional team at all levels of the organization. You should be comfortable working both alone and as part of a team. The position is part-time, 20 hours/week, with the possibility to becoming full time in the near future.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience, performance related bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare and 25 days holiday (pro-rata) plus statutory holidays.
- Mechanical engineering lead on projects
- Mechanical designs of antenna components and systems
- Resolve mechanical and assembly issues for antenna integration into customer’s products
- Support the UK team in delivering projects in line with clients’ expectations and schedule
- Provide mechanical and manufacturing oversight for new antenna structures, with particular focus on new mounting features
- Create drawings for product datasheet
- Building mock-ups of devices and antennas using milling machines and 3D printers
- Generate concepts, technical descriptions, and performance tests for antenna mechanical designs
- Help ensure the effective transfer of designs to manufacture
- Work with China and US teams
Required Experience and Qualifications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience of engineering design of consumer electronics or other electronic products
- Experience on designing plastic injection components
- Experience on small stamped metal components
- Proficiency in Solidworks, and other CAD software.
- Knowledge of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and Surface Mounting technology.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, able to interact effectively with domestic and international teammates on a cross-functional team at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work hands-on to build mock-ups
- Detail oriented and organized
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience on PCB design, milling machines and 3D printing
Please send your CV to email@example.com with subject line: “Mechanical Engineer – Cambridge” if you wish to be considered for this position.