Airgain is a leading provider of high-performance wireless connectivity solutions with the technology and expertise to drive today’s hyper-connected world. Airgain technology has been adopted by leading carriers, networking companies, and public service agencies worldwide. Through its recent acquisition of Antenna Plus, the company is now a leading supplier of high performance external antennas for the mobile, M2M and industrial IoT applications.
Airgain is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist with all aspects of antenna design work related to external antenna products. Candidates will be required to learn and know every step involved in the build process, from conceptual design to final assembly and installation characteristics. Candidates should have hands on experience in antenna mechanical systems and a willingness to work in a shop environment when needed to consult with antenna production staff. Ideal candidates will also have a strong background in machine fabrication to optimize viable designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete basic mechanical designs, simulations, and analyses for Airgain antenna products
- Model basic parts and components including injection molded plastic, die cast aluminum and zinc, sheet metal, CNC machined and screw machine fabricated parts, and integrated circuit packages, compression molded rubber, extrusions, flex circuits, mounting systems, etc.
- Develop and design test plans for basic mechanical systems and conduct testing of products to verify compliance with design requirements
- Interface with RF Engineers, industrial designers, and toolmakers for discussion of basic designs.
- Maintain configuration control of documentation and build packages for products in production
- Draft production documents such SOP, and Quality Docs
- Apply design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Thoroughly document work in an organized manner
- Work collaboratively and professionally in a team environment to achieve targets
- BS degree in Mechanical/Structural Engineering
- 1+ years of experience (may include coursework)
- Experience using SolidWorks and CAD software
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge
- Extensive experience designing structural components, antenna experience a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to address manufacturing issues from internal and external sources
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for this position.